The Kent Film Office is your first port of call for productions thinking about filming in Kent. Since its launch we have assisted many productions such as World War Z, Channel 4′s Southcliffe, BBC’s True Love, Great Expectations, and Ginger and Rosa as well as many short films, low budget features, commercials, music videos and stills shoots.
The Kent Film Office offers various assistance to film and broadcast productions, including:
- A first class Film Commissioning Service for all manner of productions, which includes obtaining film permits for public areas, putting you in touch with local contacts and finding out who owns the land you would like to use.
- A Kent Locations Database with over 400 searchable entries offering a vast range of locations, and if we don’t have what you need on our database, we can help source those tricky locations!
- Facilitating road closures and traffic management for the purposes of filming through our Kent (Filming on Highways) Act 2010
- Help with research for your project.
- References to known contacts or companies when contacting new locations owners and stepping in to mediate should any problems arise.
- Assistance with sourcing runners and Kent trainees for your projects.
- Maintaining the Kent Filming Partnership that makes Kent a film friendly county.
- The Student Portal for information aimed at students on how the permit scheme works and for some general information on location filming in Kent.
To view emergency service contacts, local accommodation and other useful organisations in Kent, please visit our contacts page.
For the areas that the Kent Film Office cover, please see the Kent districts map to the right.
Keep in Touch…
We send out a monthly locations newsletter, mainly aimed at location managers. To receive a copy, email your name, position and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org with subscribe to locations newsletter in the subject box.
Follow FILMINGINKENT on Twitter for information about funding, events, festival, jobs and training news.
The Kent Film Office has two members of staff available Monday-Friday from 09.00-17.00 to help you make the filming process in Kent as smooth and painless as possible.
Please contact us if you require further information about our services.