Contact Kent Film Office


Filming Enquiries And Requests

During COVID-19 any permits issued will be subject to the Kent Partnership Filming Guidelines- COVID-19 Annexe in addition to the Kent Partnership Filming Guidelines

For all filming permits, requests and enquiries, please APPLY HERE

Image of a red bench with Filming in Progress sign attached. Sea in the background. Apply written in Black Text. Link to application page.


Lead Times

These lead-in times are to ensure that you are able to film in your first-choice location as areas you apply for may already be pre-booked, have scheduled roadworks or are in need of additional permits as they are privately owned.

We are usually able to turn permits round in shorter time frames but cannot guarantee this.

  • For minimal filming we need 48hrs notice.
  • For mid-sized productions or when using special equipment 3-5 days are usually required.
  • For larger filming events we ask for at least 8-10 days as these require residents’ letters to be distributed by production at least 6 days prior to filming.
  • For timeframes for dispensations, traffic management and road closures, please consult our Highways Filming page.


We do not charge for minimal filming on the public highway but reserve the right to administer a £50 +VAT admin charge if the permit has to be changed more than once for reasons other than bad weather.

Other public spaces, such as parks, beaches, squares etc. will incur filming charges which vary between local authorities, but as a guide they start around £150 +Vat and move up to £1000 +VAT per day depending on crew size and level of disruption.


In some district authorities we can arrange parking in council owned car parks. Production will have to display permits in windscreens and do their own coning as we cannot reserve these spaces.

The fees for this vary, but as a guide, there will be a £50+VAT admin change to issue permits and inform the officers plus compensation for any paid bays used at the regular tariff.

This is currently possible in the districts of Dover, Canterbury and Thanet.

Contact Us

The Kent Film Office is open Mon-Friday from 09:00 – 17:00 where one of our members of staff will be available to you.

Cartoon black and white image of a lady wearing a shirt with one arm holding a book and the other hand holding her glasses




Gabrielle Lindemann, Kent Film Officer

Charlotte Brodie, Kent Film Office Assistant

Kent Film Office
2nd Floor Invicta House, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1XX

Email us at

Follow us on twitter @Filminginkent