The Kent Film Office is your first port of if you are thinking about filming in Kent. Since its launch we have assisted many productions such as World War Z, Wolf Hall, Into the Woods, and The Tunnel as well as many short films, low budget features, commercials, music videos and stills shoots.
- Our Kent Locations Database with over 500 searchable entries offers a vast range of locations, and if we don’t have what you need on our database, we can try to source it for you.
- Permits to film on council owned and managed land, footpaths and roads.
- Highways Filming in accordance with our Kent County Council (Filming on Highways) Act 2010 including dispensations, traffic management and road closures.
- Local Contacts and research for your project, be it unit bases, land ownership or local crew and facilities.
- References to known contacts or companies when contacting new locations owners and stepping in to mediate should any problems arise.
- Assistance with sourcing work experience runners and trainees for your projects.
- The Student Portal and annual lectures at Kent & Medway Universities and Colleges for information on how to apply for Filming Permits and general information on location filming in Kent.
For the areas that the Kent Film Office cover, please see the Kent districts map below.
Keep in Touch…
You can subscribe to our monthly locations newsletter, which is mainly aimed at location managers and will provide you with industry news as well as a small selection of film locations from our database.
Follow us on Twitter @Filminginkent for information about funding, events, festival, jobs and training news.
The Kent Film Office has a member of staff available Monday-Friday from 09.00-17.00 to help you make the filming process in Kent as smooth and painless as possible.
Please contact us if you require further information about our services.